What's Coming Up?
At our last meeting we discussed creating working groups or subcommittees that will focus on specific areas of the Safe House Project. The areas we have identified thus far are:
- Building Program
- Events (Fundraising) Program
- Capital Campaign
- PR & Marketing Campaign
Naturally there is overlap between these groups and they aren't set in stone but we needed a starting point. For our meeting this month we will start with a 10 minute progress report from Matt Swaffer. We will then have 5 to 10 minutes of question and answer time and then organize ourselves into groups for discussion and distribution of tasks. There will be more specific information at the meeting but here is what we are looking at thus far for each group.
- Begin building a list of specific in-kind donations
- Develop a plan for finalizing architecture
- Firm up the building budget
- Pastels on 5th
- Golf Tournament
- Dancing Under the Stars
- Much more!
- Begin community support assessment
- Develop gift range charts
- Develop gift recognition plans
- Create networking lists for prospects
PR & Marketing
- Create networking opportunities to find help for Marketing
- Begin a needs assessment
- Outline a case statement
- Strategize timeline for PR, Marketing and Branding.
What can you do?
Ideally you will come to the meeting prepared to jump into one or more subcommittees and learn specific actions you can take. If you aren't able to attend the meeting but still want to get involved please let us hear from you! Send an email to SafeHouse@AlternativesToViolence.org along with a note about which area(s) of focus you are interested in and we will get you plugged in.
Thank you for supporting your community!